|Job Title||HR Director|
|Company||A leading company working in hospitality (Hotel) field|
|No. of Posts||1|
|Location||Sudan – Khartoum|
|Salary||1200 -1500 doller|
The HR Director is responsible for the implementation of all HR policies and procedures within the hotel. They lead and oversee the HR team aiming to attract, retain and develop talent inside the hotel, as well as to uphold a friendly, safe and supportive climate and culture for their colleagues. They assist, advise and communicate with hotel Senior Executives, Heads of Departments and the General Manager on HR matters, ensuring adherence to local employment legislation, best practice and Union guidelines (where relevant). They manage effective relationships with strategic partners such as hospitality schools, recruitment agencies, and employee representatives, to promote and uphold Hotel employer brand image. They prepare the annual HR budget for the approval of the General Manager and implement it accordingly while striving to improve efficiency and the bottom line.
Significant Working Relationships:
Reporting to: General Manager
Direct reports: Human Resources Team Members, Learning & Development Manager and Security Team (depending on the Hotel’s organization chart).
Also works closely with:
* Group Chief Officer - Organization Development & HR
* Director - Recruitment, Employer Branding, Compensation & Benefits
* Director - Learning, Development & Well-Being
External relationships: Strategic partners such as hotel schools, executive search companies, recruitment/agencies, external auditors
(e.g. health & safety), internal Audit providers and employee representatives/Unions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Leadership
* Support the achievement of the hotel’s overall business and strategic objectives through the research, development and implementation of effective HR strategy, programs, practices, and tools.
* Responsible for the cost-effective running of the HR function.
* Lead and develop the HR team.
* Drive effective recruitment and retention strategies and other HR initiatives.
* Evolve the HR function by making changes and innovations where necessary.
* Is the knowledge expert on local employment legislation and promote HR best practice throughout the Hotel.
HR Administration, Policy and Procedure
* Oversee the management of payroll and monitor wages, salaries and benefits across the hotel.
*Manage the Hotel’s performance appraisal system, ensuring that appraisals are conducted across all levels of the Hotel.
* Manage disciplinary, grievance, appeal, and probation procedures as well as facilitate conflict resolution in the hotel.
* Co-ordinate the promotion, transfer and employment termination of staff.
* Analyze and reporting on personnel metrics and statistics
(e.g. productivity, absence, turnover, time and attendance etc.)
* Oversee the preparation of HR related reports.
* Being aware of health and safety procedures and supporting the Security Manager in risk analyses where necessary.
* Supporting and promote aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility relating to charitable work, community action and local education.
Attraction, Recruitment and Selection
* Manage recruitment and selection across all levels of the organization. This includes directly coordinating all Hotel employment and recruitment activities.
* Advertise positions through agencies as well as online and through social media, liaise with recruitment agencies, presenting to Universities/hospitality schools/Colleges, and ensure representation at conferences and recruitment fairs.
* Prepare all documentation related to contracting new employees.
* Manage relationships with strategic partners such as hospitality schools, recruitment/ agencies, suppliers and employee representatives (Unions) to promote and uphold Corinthian's employer brand image.
*Ensure the Hotel is an Employer of Choice.
Learning & Development (where L&D reports to the HR Director)
*In liaison with the L&D Manager, analyze training needs, implementing training / coaching/ mentoring / orientation programmers, as well as supporting them in the development of training programmers.
*Ensure that L&D programmers are aligned to, and meet, changing business needs.
*Review the evaluation of training programmers with the L&D Manager.
*Coaching, mentor and providing on the job training to members of the HR Department.
Employee Recognition and Reward
* Continually assess/oversee employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations, by conducting exit interviews, and by interviewing employees periodically in order to ascertain possible problem areas.
*Administer and analyze employee satisfaction surveys to assess any areas of dissatisfaction and ensure the development and implementation of effective remedial action plans.
*Manage the Hotel’s employee reward and recognition programmer.
*Plan/oversee recreational, social, celebratory, and team building events.
*Maintain an “open door policy” with employees to createa supportive and caring environment within the Hotel.
* Coordinate the health and employee benefits program.
Assisting and Advising Management
*Advise management regarding employment legislation ensuring compliance.
*Mentor the General Manager, Senior Executives and Heads of Department issues related to human resources management.
*Assist the Hotel management team in assessing employee potential for promotion, performance management, identifying talent and unused abilities.
* Consistent internal communication with colleagues via memos, newsletters, notice boards and intranet systems.
*Informing and update management and staff on HR activities.
Communicate HR policies and procedures to relevant parties.
*Communicate and report to management on employee-related data and statistics and employee satisfaction survey results.
*The list of duties and responsibilities is not necessarily exhaustive. Additional duties and responsibilities may be added, removed and changed from time to time at the General Manager’s discretion
* Minimum 5 years working in Human Resources at senior management level.
* Experience in managing professional staff.
*Previous experience working in the Hotel, Hospitality, Service, Retail or Luxury Goods industry.
*Previous experience working in a 4stars or 5 starts hotel
*Previous experience working in a unionized environment
*Previous experience working in multicultural environments
*Experience working with psychometrics
* Experience working with NLP
* Experience handling grievances, disciplinary and appeals
* Coaching and training delivery skills
* Degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
* A Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field such as Human Resources Management, Psychology, Hospitality Management, Business Management, Law or similar academic areas would be an added advantage.
* Fluency in a language other than the native language.
* Strong knowledge of local employment legislation
*Detailed understanding of HR best practices and techniques
* Proficiency in both verbal and written English
*Highly numerate and analytical
* Excellent IT'S Skills (HR Software and Microsoft Office)
* Willingness to travel
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Confident communicator
* Excellent presentation skills
* Resilient and the ability to manage multiple priorities
* Highly determined
Adapting to Change
* Comfortable taking some risks in order to evolve and adapt
* Flexibility and the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
* Ability to build effective relationships
* Sociable and outgoing
Providing Direction and Coaching & Developing Others
* Leads by example, demonstrating integrity at all times
Being Interpersonally Astute
* Empathetic and respectful and the ability to deal with difficult issues sensitively
*Effective listening skills
* Discreet and trustworthy
* Objective and fair
* Effectively maintaining communication across multiple departments.
* Time management – balancing face to face contact with individuals with administration demands.
* Dealing with complex legislation relating to HR practice.
* Dealing with conflict between individuals as well as handling difficult and sensitive issues such as redundancy, termination and grievances.
*Instilling and promoting a reputation of trust and openness for the HR department.
* Dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity.
* Effectively promoting HR best practice to ensure buy-in from key stakeholders.
·Please send your updated resume to email@example.com
·Mentioning the job title in the email subject.
---Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ---
|Age||from 35 to 45|
Job opportunity : HR Director for A leading company working in hospitality (Hotel) field in Sudan – Khartoum
This Job opportunity was expired! Please check our Hot JOBs for new opporunities